Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies are soft & sweet and made with just 4 ingredients! Super simple to make these cute, festive cake mix cookies. The strawberry flavor is just perfect.
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies are simple, delicious cookies perfect for any occasion. I love making cake mix cookies because they’re SO easy! I tend to keep a variety of cake mixes on hand and strawberry is one of my kid’s favorites. I added pink, white and red chocolate candies to the cookies to make them even more festive for Valentine’s Day- but they’re easily adapted to a variety of holidays or occasions.
The recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips, but I like to use half white chocolate chips and half M&M candies. It’s just fun!
Tips to get the PERFECT Cake mix cookies:
Three kitchen items make these cookies come together really fast. I actually use these items in nearly every cookie recipe I make, so they’re quite versatile. First, I line my cookie sheets with a piece of parchment paper. They’re sold in sizes that fit a 12×16 cookie sheet perfectly and enable to cookies to bake well without sticking- and no mess from spraying oil on the cookie sheets!
The second item is a KitchenAid mixer. I love mine! I have a Bosch as well but I find I use my KitchenAid for cookies. There is a cookie paddle that comes with every mixer that you attach to the top of the mixer. They’re easy to use and help you mix the ingredients uniformly. Add this to your wish list because it’s one of my all-time used small appliances ever!
The third item is a cookie scoop! Years and years ago I used to use 2 spoons to measure and scrape cookie dough onto the pans. It wasn’t a perfect process and I often ended up with oblong cookies in various sizes. A friend of mine brought cookies to a party and I noticed each and every one of her cookies looked PERFECT. Her secret? A cookie scoop! They come in three sizes- 1/2 tablespoon, 1.5 tablespoon and 3 tablespoon scoops. I used the middle size- 1/5 tablespoon for these, and most other cookies. (Although when I’m serving a large crowd, I use the small cookie scoop. People love having a smaller cookie, especially at an event with several other desserts.
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box 15.25 oz Strawberry Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips / chocolate candies (M&M’s)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix and eggs in a medium mixing bowl. Add melted butter. Mix well.
- Add in white chocolate chips/ candies and stir to combine. I prefer to stir the candy in by hand so that they don’t get crushed.
- Use a medium 1.5 TBSP cookie scoop to measure out dough and place on the cookie sheet. Top with a few more chocolate candies, if you’d like.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Once they’re done, remove from oven and let them rest for another 3-5 minutes on the hot cookie sheet. Transfer to baking racks to cool completely.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Scroll down to the bottom to PRINT a copy of this recipe!
If you love our Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies you’ll definitely enjoy a few of our other favorite cookie recipes:
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Raspberry Meltaway Cookies
- Frosted Strawberry Cookies
- Cherry Cheesecake Cookies
- Banana Pudding Cookies
Sometimes you just have to make a snow cave. Am I right?! C and H sure think so! We got over 2 feet of snow from this quick storm and for anyone wondering, NOPE, our schools did not declare it a snow day. CRAZY. I pulled the Mama card and called our own Snow Day. Fun!