CHERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy and packed with cherry flavor, bits of maraschino cherries and chocolate chips! A fun and flavorful twist on traditional chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 3 oz package of dry instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cherry extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 4-5 drops red food coloring optional
- 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries drained, patted dry with paper towels and quartered
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips about 2 cups
Cream butter and sugar well.
Add dry pudding mix, eggs, vanilla and cherry extract and mix well.
Then add the salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour. Mix until well combined.
If you want your cookies to have a pinkish tint, add the red food coloring at this point and mix well.
Fold in the chopped cherries and chocolate chips until fully combined.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop out dough onto a prepared cookie sheet (or a silicone baking mat). Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes or until very lightly golden brown on top.