Chocolate Caramel Cake Mix Cookies are made with only 4 ingredients – one of which is the Rolo tucked in the middle! So easy to make and they are absolutely delicious with the gooey caramel centers!
I absolutely love making cookies from scratch and I usually do, but sometimes I just don’t have the time and I need a bit of a short-cut. Especially when my kids are all wanting to help out! I discovered this recipe recently and it’s become a family favorite- the kids love to help make the cookies with the Rolos inside and they are absolutely delicious. I dare you to try to stop at just eating one, especially when they are warm and fresh out of the oven!
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CAKE MIX COOKIES
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 36 Rolo candies (I used about 3/4 of a 12 oz. pkg)
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and egg until well combined.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of dough at a time and wrap around a Rolo candy, forming a ball around the candy. Make sure you have just enough dough to cover the Rolo.
- Place balls of dough on a well-greased cookie sheet. (I like to use silicone baking mats when making cookies, especially these ones because some of the caramel will inevitably leak out of the bottom of some of the cookies.)
- Bake cookies at 375° for about 8 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before devouring! (The cookies do taste great when completely cooled too, but there is just something about warm caramel that can’t be beat so make sure to eat at least one while they are still are warm!)
After you try these amazing Chocolate Caramel Cake Mix Cookies, try a few of our yummy cake mix and pudding mix cookie recipes:
- Cookies & Cream Cookies
- Banana Pudding Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Cream Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
We aren’t necessarily the “sportiest” family in the world, but we had the chance to get discounted tickets to go see the Tacoma Rainiers play and we decided it could be fun to take the kids to a real baseball game. The weather was fabulous, the kids actually enjoyed the entire game and the Rainiers ended up winning – the kids even got to run around all of the bases at the end of the game. Not sure baseball will ever be our favorite past time, but we had a great night and we can cross “watch baseball game” off of our family bucket list. 🙂