Double Lemon Cookies made with lemon pudding mix and crushed Lemon Oreos for lots of delicious lemon flavor! These cookies are soft, chewy and super easy to make too!
Double Lemon Cookies are amazing! This cookie recipe is a spin-off of our popular Cookies and Cream cookies that also happen to be one of my all-time favorite cookies! Pretty much the exact same recipe, but the lemon version! And if you like lemon, you will absolutely love these cookies. Actually, I even have a few kids who normally don’t love lemon, but they still love these cookies!
SOME TIPS FOR MAKING COOKIES THAT STAY SOFT AND CHEWY:
- Make sure that you have enough flour in the dough. If the dough is too sticky, you may need to add a little bit of flour.
- Spend a little extra time when you mix the butter and sugars. Creaming them together for 2-3 minutes will improve the consistency of your cookies.
- Preheat the oven. This will help your cookies turn out right every time!
- Use a cookie scoop! If you want all your cookies to be perfectly shaped and have them all be the same size, a cookie scoop is the way to go.
- Use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Doing this will make it really easy to remove the cookies from your cookie sheet so that you don’t have to scrape them off the pan – they will just slide right off in perfect shape!
- Don’t over bake the cookies – when I take mine out of the oven, they still look slightly under baked but they will continue to bake on the cookie sheet for a couple more minutes so that’s ok!
Ingredients in Double Lemon Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 15 Lemon Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed (you want big chunks!)
How to make Double Lemon Cookies
- Using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Add the pudding mix and mix until well blended.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour and baking soda and continue mixing.
- Stir in the Lemon Oreo cookie chunks.
- Drop cookies by rounded teaspoonfuls (I use a cookie scoop) onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 350°.
Love making cookies with pudding mix in them? Here are some of our favorites!
- Double Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Banana Pudding Cookies
- Pumpkin Pudding Cookies
- Mint Oreo Pudding Cookies
- Pistachio Pudding Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vanilla Cream Cookies
- Cherry Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Found this little gem while I was organizing some photos. This was almost a full year ago…so crazy to see how quickly kids grow up and change! I remember that she had just barely started to sit up by herself and now, a year later, she is saying dozens of words, climbing onto furniture, singing songs and getting into everything. A lot has changed, but she is still so cute. Still so chubby. Still the sweetest thing ever. And we are all still absolutely obsessed!