Butterfinger cookie bars a delicious treat that combines the classic flavor of a sugar cookie with the crunchy texture of Butterfinger candy bars. These butterfinger cookies are easy to make and perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family gathering or a potluck with friends.
To make these cookie bars, all you need is a few simple ingredients, including Butterfinger pieces, butter, sugar, flour and eggs. Whether you’re a fan of Butterfinger candy bars or just looking for a new dessert recipe to try, candy bar cookies are a great choice.
Butterfinger Cookie Recipe
This sensational cookie is made from scratch using simple ingredients that are most likely in your pantry already. Add in a tasty Butterfinger chocolate bar and the flavor and texture is incredible. Making these cookies in bar form is also so great, it makes serving them up so easy and there is no rolling or scooping during the prep time. This cookie recipe is a combination of an easy sugar cookie but it is amped up with the delightful addition of everyone’s favorite candy bar. The sweet cookie taste with the peanut butter and chocolate delicious crunch makes this cookie one you will never forget!
Tips & Variations for Candy Bar Cookies
- While the Butterfinger cookie bars are delicious, one can experiment with other types of cookies to create a different taste. One can use chocolate chips, oatmeal, or sugar cookies instead of the traditional Butterfinger cookies. By using different types of cookies, one can create a unique flavor profile that is tailored to their taste preferences.
- For those who are not a fan of Butterfinger candy bars, they can substitute them with other candy bars. One can use Snickers, Kit Kat, or Twix bars instead of Butterfinger to create a different flavor profile. By using different candy bars, one can create a unique taste that is tailored to their liking.
Butterfinger Cookie Bar Ingredients
Butter: Using 1 cup (2 sticks) of softened unsalted butter, will make these cookie bars rich in taste and moist for days.
Sugars: You will need ½ cup each of granulated sugar and brown sugar to make these cookies sweet and chewy.
Eggs: Use 2 eggs to help bind the dough together and give it a perfect consistency.
Vanilla extract: Adding in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract will make the flavors in these cookies even more pronounced.
Flour: Use 2 cups of all-purpose flour as the structural base of the cookie dough.
Leavening agents: You will need 1 teaspoon of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of baking soda to make the cookie bars rise and puff up nicely during the baking process.
Salt: Add in ¼ teaspoon of salt to help balance all the flavors in these yummy cookie bars.
Butterfinger chips: You will want an entire 8-ounce package of Butterfinger chips to really give these cookie bars great flavor. If you cannot find the chips, you can use 4-5 Butterfinger candy bars crushed into small pieces.
How to make Butterfingers Cookie Bars
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Then, grease the inside of a 9×13 baking pan and set aside.
Next, in a small bowl, combine and mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
In another medium size bowl, use an electric handheld mixer to cream together the butter and both white and brown sugars.
In the sugar mixture, add in the eggs and the vanilla extract and mix well to combine.
After that, slowly add in the flour mixture to the egg and butter mixture. Stir well to combine until there are no white flour streaks shown.
Lastly, stir in ¾ cups of the Butterfinger chips. Mix well to combine.
Proceed to spread the dough out evenly into the prepared baking sheet.
Then, sprinkle the remaining Butterfinger chips on top of the cookie dough.
Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are browned.
Let the cookies cool before cutting into squares and serving. Enjoy!
How long are Butterfinger cookie bars good for?
Butterfinger cookie bars will last for up to 5 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. If you want to keep them fresh for longer, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also use the trick I learned, put a piece of bread in the container with the cookies. The cookies absorb the moisture from the bread and stay soft a few days longer.
Tips for storing cookies
When it comes to storing Butterfinger cookie bars, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure that they stay fresh and delicious for as long as possible.
- Room temperature: The best place to store your Butterfinger cookie bars is at room temperature. Keep them in an airtight container or a ziplock bag to prevent them from drying out or absorbing moisture from the air. They should last for up to a week at room temperature.
- Refrigerator: If you want to store your cookies for a longer period of time, you can also keep them in the refrigerator. Again, make sure they are in an airtight container or a ziplock bag to prevent them from drying out or absorbing moisture. They should last for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
- Freezer: If you want to store your cookies for even longer, you can freeze them. Place them in an airtight container or a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer. They should last for up to three months in the freezer.
- Thawing: When you’re ready to eat your frozen Butterfinger cookie bars, simply remove them from the freezer and let them thaw at room temperature for a few hours. Alternatively, you can microwave them for a few seconds to warm them up.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your Butterfinger cookie bars stay fresh and delicious for as long as possible.
How do I use Butterfinger candy bars instead of chips?
To use crushed Butterfinger candy bars instead, just place them (unwrapped) into a ziplocked bag and roll with a rolling pin. Alternatively, you can use a food processor. You will need about 2 cups of crushed Butterfinger candy bars which are several large bars (about 4 king-sized or5 regular sized bars).
Sometimes I want to take family pictures and well, the kids just aren’t into it! This last photo shoot was less than stellar, but you know what, we rolled with it and ended up doing some funny poses and got some good ones! They make us all laugh, and that’s worth something, right?!
For more delicious cookie bars, check out these sweet recipes:
- CHERRY ALMOND COOKIE BARS
- PEPPERMINT COOKIE BARS
- FUDGY OATMEAL COOKIE BARS
- TAGALONG COOKIE BARS
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE COOKIE BARS
- CHRISTMAS SUGAR COOKIE BARS
- SUGAR COOKIE BARS
- SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE BARS
- SUGAR COOKIE BARS
- PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE BARS
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
Butterfinger cookie bars turns your favorite candy bar into a truly impressive dessert to share with family and friends. These butterfinger cookies are cookie bars are soft, chewy, and hard to resist!