Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars a delicious dessert that combines the classic flavors of mint and chocolate in a convenient bar form. These chocolate chip bars are perfect for those who love the taste of mint and chocolate but don’t want to go through the hassle of making individual cookies.
With a chewy and buttery base and a smooth and creamy mint chocolate chip filling, these mint chocolate chip cookies are sure to be a hit with anyone who tries them. Whether you’re looking for a dessert to serve at a party or a sweet snack to enjoy at home, pudding cookies are a great choice.
The Allure of Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
One of the things that make mint chocolate chip cookie bars so alluring is their unique flavor profile. The combination of mint and chocolate is a classic pairing that has been enjoyed by people for generations. The mint provides a refreshing and cooling sensation that balances out the sweetness of the chocolate, creating a perfect harmony of flavors. Another reason why mint chocolate chip cookie bars are so irresistible is their texture. These bars are soft and chewy on the inside, with a slightly crispy exterior that adds a satisfying crunch.
Overall, mint chocolate chip cookie bars are a delicious and irresistible dessert that is sure to please any crowd. These bars are a perfect dessert for any occasion, from a casual family gathering to a formal dinner party.
Why you’ll love these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Soft and Chewy Texture: These cookie bars are soft and chewy in the middle, with a slightly crispy edge. The texture is perfect, making them a crowd-pleaser for all ages.
- Easy to Make: Mint chocolate cookies bars are simple to make and require only a few ingredients. They are perfect for beginner bakers or those short on time.
- Great for Parties: These cookie bars are a fun and unique addition to any party or gathering, thanks to their colorful appearance. They are sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more.
Mint Chocolate Cookie Bars Ingredients
Sugar: You will need 1 cup of granulated sugar to help make these cookies sweet and chewy.
Butter: Use 1 stick (½ cup) of softened butter for a nice rich taste in every bite.
Egg: Help bind all the ingredients together and create great texture by adding in 1 large egg.
Sour cream: Adding in ½ cup of sour cream adds richness to the cookies and makes them soft in texture.
Pudding mix: Using 1 small (3.4-ounce) box of Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding will add flavor and chewiness to the cookies.
Flour: The base of this cookie dough recipe is 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
Salt: To help balance the flavors in this dough use ½ tsp. of salt.
Baking soda: You need ½ tsp. of baking soda to help these cookies puff up and leaven properly as they bake.
Mint extract: For the wonderful mint flavor, add in 2 tsp. of mint extract.
Food coloring: You will need 3 drops of blue food coloring along with about 10-15 drops of green coloring to reach the desired hues.
Chocolate chips: Use 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips so that every slice is speckled with the perfect amount of chocolate.
How to Make Green Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Get started by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Then, line the inside of a 9×13 baking dish or a quarter-sized baking sheet with parchment paper and then set it aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer, until well blended.
Then, add in the egg, sour cream, and dry pudding mix, mix until well combined.
Next, in a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
After that, combine the dry flour mixture to the wet butter/pudding mixture and mix until combined.
Next, add in the mint extract and food coloring until the desired color is achieved.
Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips. I used ¾ cups of chocolate chips and ¾ cups of chocolate chunks for a nice variety but you can use all of one or the other but a combination of the two is pretty wonderful!
Proceed to press the dough out into your prepared baking dish and then place it into the preheated oven and bake for 20-22 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Slice into squares, serve and enjoy!
Variations of Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are a delicious and easy-to-make treat that can be customized in various ways to suit different tastes. Here are some variations to consider:
- Double Chocolate Mint Cookie Bars: For those who love chocolate, adding cocoa powder to the cookie dough and using dark chocolate chips instead of regular chocolate chips can create a richer and more indulgent treat.
- Mint Oreo Cookie Bars: Adding crushed Oreo cookies to the cookie dough can add a crunchy texture and a delicious chocolate flavor. The mint flavor can be enhanced by using mint Oreos or adding a few drops of peppermint extract to the dough.
- White Chocolate Mint Cookie Bars: Swapping out the regular chocolate chips for white chocolate chips can create a sweeter and creamier flavor.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars: For those who prefer a softer texture, using a blondie base instead of a cookie dough can create a chewy and gooey treat. Adding mint extract and chocolate chips to the blondie batter can create a delicious mint chocolate chip flavor.
How to Store Mint Chocolate Cookie Bars?
- Room Temperature: If you plan on eating your cookies within a few days, storing them at room temperature is perfectly fine. Just make sure to keep them in an airtight container to prevent them from becoming stale or dry.
- Refrigerator: If you live in a hot or humid climate, it might be best to store your cookies in the refrigerator. This will help keep them fresh for longer. However, keep in mind that refrigeration can cause some cookies to become hard or lose their texture.
- Freezer: If you want to keep your cookies for an extended period, freezing them is the best option. Make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. When you’re ready to eat them, simply thaw them at room temperature for a few hours.
How do you know when a cookie bar is done?
You will know that your cookie bars are done when the tops no longer look glossy and you can insert a toothpick or wooden skewer into the center of the cookie bars and have it come out dry or with just a few moist crumbs on it.
Do cookie bars harden as they cool?
Yes, these cookie bars will become more firm as they cool. When the cookie bars are fresh from the oven they are soft and gooey, like any regular chocolate chip cookie but as they cool and settle they become much more sturdy.
These two monkeys just make me laugh! They are my youngest and they are a couple years apart in age, but yet they are such good friends. When L went off to Kindergarten, leaving A at home, he was so distraught! I’m sure when L goes off to Jr High, there will be similar feelings, even if they both try and play it cool. 😉
Looking for more cookie bar recipes? Try these suggestions:
- PEPPERMINT COOKIE BARS
- CHRISTMAS SUGAR COOKIE BARS
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
- CHERRY ALMOND COOKIE BARS
- NO BAKE COOKIE BARS
- PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE BARS
- OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
- FUDGY OATMEAL COOKIE BARS
- LEMON SUGAR COOKIE BARS
- TAGALONG COOKIE BARS
- SWIRLED PATRIOTIC COOKIE BARS
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE COOKIE BARS
- SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE BARS
- SUGAR COOKIE BARS
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars a perfectly sweet and chewy treat that is a perfect festive dessert! With a touch of green coloring and studded with chocolate chips throughout, every bite of these chocolate chip bars is refreshing and fun!