Swiss Miss Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are made with hot cocoa mix, marshmallows and chocolate chips! Soft and chewy cookie bar recipe that tastes like a cup of hot chocolate!
SWISS MISS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
If you enjoy a warm cup of hot cocoa on a cold day, you will love these gooey Swiss Miss hot chocolate mix chocolate chip cookie bars! These chocolate-flavored cookie bars are filled with hot cocoa mix, mini marshmallows, and semi-sweet chocolate chips and taste just like your favorite hot cocoa!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL ENJOY THIS AMAZING RECIPE!
Here are just a few reasons why you should try this delicious recipe today.
- No scooping individual cookies! I love making cookies, but scooping out each cookie and baking a few different trays can take some time. Cookie bars are so fast – just put all the dough in the pan and bake at one time.
- Basic ingredients. You do not need anything too fancy to make this recipe and you may even be surprised at how many of the ingredients are already in your home. Just a minimal shopping trip (if any) is needed.
- No chilling is required! This recipe does not require any dough chilling or high levels of patience. Just make the dough and pop in the oven immediately to bake to perfection.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST COOKIE BARS
- Spend a little extra time when you mix the wet ingredients together. Adding a few extra minutes (as the recipe states), will make a huge difference in the texture and consistency of the cookie bars.
- Don’t over mix when you combine the wet and dry ingredients. You’ll want to mix just long enough for everything to be combined.
- Preheat the oven. This will help your cookies turn out right every time!
- Use parchment paper. Doing this will make it really easy to remove the cookies from your 9X13 pan.
- Make sure not to over bake your cookie bars. Once the edges begin to turn even the lightest golden brown, take them out of the oven! I prefer to err on the side of being slightly undercooked for cookies because if they cook even a little bit too long, they can get hard and I really like soft cookies!
Ingredients in Hot Cocoa Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Flour – All purpose flour works best in these cookies. Cake flour also works well.
Baking powder – This is the leavening agent in the cookies so make sure your baking powder isn’t old or expired.
Salt – Just a half teaspoon of salt helps all of the other flavors to pop.
Butter – You will need 1 1/2 sticks of butter. Make sure the butter is softened to room temperature before adding to the recipe. For best results, make sure to use real butter.
Brown sugar – For best results, make sure your brown sugar is fresh and soft.
Egg – The recipe calls for 2 large eggs to bind everything together.
Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa Mix – Use 4 packets of hot cocoa mix or you can use 2/3 cup of hot cocoa mix if you are using the kind that comes in the big canisters. You can use any flavor or variety that you’d like!
Mini marshmallows – Can’t have hot chocolate without marshmallows! You can also use dehydrated marshmallows in this recipe, but the cookie bars won’t turn out quite as gooey.
Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips – You can use regular sized chocolate chips, but I usually prefer mini ones in cookies. You can use a different kind of chocolate chips if you prefer (mint chips, vanilla chips, dark chocolate, etc).
How to make Swiss Miss Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs for at least 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer. Add Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Mix and mix together.
In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix well.
Fold in chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
Spray a 9X13 baking pan or line it with parchment paper. Drop dough onto the baking sheet and spread it to fill the entire baking pan.
Bake cookie bars for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before cutting them into squares.
Storage: Store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
HOW TO CUT PERFECT COOKIE BARS
The answer to getting every single cookie bar cut and looking perfect is parchment paper! I used to always get frustrated with desserts that are made in a 9X13 or 8X8 pan because I felt like I was always destroying the entire first row trying to get them out of the pan! Then I discovered that if you use parchment paper, you can remove all the cookie bars from the pan and slice them perfectly.
If you don’t have parchment paper, you can just grease your pan like you usually do but your first row may just not be quite as pretty! This cookie bar recipe is one of the easiest to cut into squares – they stay intact much better than many other desserts!
HOW LONG ARE COOKIE BARS GOOD FOR?
You can keep these cookie bars stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. This should give you plenty of time to savor a sweet little treat every night.
MORE COOKIE BAR RECIPES TO TRY SOON
- PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE BARS
- PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE BARS
- BUTTERFINGER COOKIE BARS
- FUDGY OATMEAL COOKIE BARS
- TAGALONG COOKIE BARS
- OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
- MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
- SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE BARS
- SUGAR COOKIE BARS
- CHRISTMAS SUGAR COOKIE BARS
- LEMON SUGAR COOKIE BARS
- PEPPERMINT COOKIE BARS
- S’MORES COOKIE BARS
Swiss Miss Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are made with hot cocoa mix, marshmallows and chocolate chips! Delicious chocolate chip cookie bar recipe that tastes like a cup of hot chocolate!
My oldest daughter has always been very artistic and creative. Even when she was extremely young, she could draw really well and has always had that “artist’s eye.” From painting to drawing to sewing…she’s good at all of it! I’m not sure where it came from, because her dad and I both can barely draw a stick figure. Over the last couple of years, she has taught herself how to use different software to create digital images and digital photos. She made me this one of her and I a couple of years ago and I absolutely love it. It’s been so awesome to have her in the house…any time I need a card addressed, or a gift tag made, or something to look really pretty, I just go find her. She’s absolutely amazing!