Raspberry Almond Kiss Cookies are traditional kiss cookies with a raspberry almond twist! Buttery almond cookies topped with an almond chocolate kiss & raspberry drizzle for a delightful cookie for almond lovers!
This almond cookies recipe is simple and straightforward, making it a great option for novice bakers. The dough comes together quickly and the cookies bake up in just a few minutes. The result is a batch of soft, chewy chocolate kiss cookies with a sweet almond flavor and a hint of raspberry.
History of Almond Kiss Cookies
Almond Kiss Cookies have been a favorite among cookie lovers for many years. The origin of these cookies is unclear, but it is believed that they were first created in Europe, where almonds were readily available. The recipe for Almond Kiss Cookies has evolved over time, with many variations and adaptations.
Almond Kiss Cookies are a popular treat during the holiday season, and they are often given as gifts or served at parties. They are easy to make and can be customized to suit individual tastes. Whether you’re looking for a new cookie recipe to try or just want to add a little something special to your next gathering, Almond Kiss Cookies are a great choice.
Why You’ll Love These Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- Crunchy and Chewy Texture: The combination of crunchy almond and chewy cookie texture makes these cookies irresistible. The chocolate covered almond on top adds a satisfying crunch to each bite, while the cookie itself has a soft and chewy texture.
- Delicious Flavor: Almond Kiss Cookies have a rich, buttery flavor that is perfectly balanced with the sweetness of the chocolate kiss on top. The almond extract used in the recipe gives the cookies a subtle nutty flavor that complements the chocolate perfectly.
- Perfect for Any Occasion: Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat to serve at a party or a snack to enjoy with your afternoon coffee, Almond Kiss Cookies are perfect for any occasion. They’re easy to transport, so you can take them with you on the go.
Almond Kiss Cookie Ingredients
Butter: Create deliciously rich cookies by adding in ½ cup of butter, softened, to this dough.
Sugar: Use ½ cup of sugar to ensure the cookies are sweet and chewy.
Brown sugar: For more sweet flavor, you will want to add in ½ cup of brown sugar.
Egg: Give these treats great texture and held bind the ingredients together by using 1 egg.
Almond extract: You need 1 tsp of almond extract to enhance all the wonderful flavors in this cookie dough recipe.
Flour: The gluten base of this cookie dough is 2 cups of flour.
Baking soda: Adding in 1 tsp of baking soda will make the cookies puff up nicely as they bake.
Salt: To balance the sweetness of these cookies, use ½ tsp of salt in the dough.
Sugar: In a separate bowl you will need a few tablespoons of additional sugar, for rolling the cookie dough in before baking.
Chocolate kisses: These cookies wouldn’t be complete without a chocolate kiss with almonds on top, you will need 40 to top each cookie.
Powder sugar: Use 1 cup of powdered sugar to make the glaze smooth and sweet.
Milk: Adding 1 TBSP of milk will help create a creamy glaze.
Raspberry jam: For incredible glaze flavor and texture, you need 4 tsp of seedless raspberry jam.
Almond extract: Add ¼ tsp of almond extract to give the glaze a bit more almond flavor.
How to make Almond Chocolate Kiss Cookies
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together and then beat in the egg and almond extract.
Next, in a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt until combined; gradually add the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Stir well until no white streaks are shown.
After that, cover the bowl of dough and chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Now, get the oven preheating to 350°F while you shape the dough.
Pull the chilled dough from the fridge and proceed to roll it into 1-inch balls, roll each ball in additional sugar, then place them 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Place in the preheated oven and bake for 9-10 minutes.
Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie when they come out of the oven. Transfer them to wire racks to cool.
Next, in a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients, whisk well. Then, using a fork or piping bag, drizzle the glaze over the top of each cookie.
Serve and enjoy!
Variations of Almond Kiss Cookies
There are several variations of almond kiss cookies that can be made to suit different tastes and preferences. Here are a few examples:
- Chocolate Almond Kiss Cookies: Add cocoa powder to the cookie dough and roll the cookies in chocolate sprinkles before baking. This variation will satisfy chocolate lovers.
- Peanut Butter Almond Kiss Cookies: Add peanut butter to the cookie dough and replace the Hershey’s Kiss with a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. This variation will appeal to those who love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
- Salted Caramel Almond Kiss Cookies: Add caramel bits to the cookie dough and sprinkle sea salt on top of the Hershey’s Kiss before baking. This variation will add a sweet and salty flavor to the almond kiss cookies.
These variations can be easily made by adding or replacing a few ingredients in the traditional almond kiss cookie recipe. They are perfect for parties, holidays, or just for a delicious treat at home.
What is the significance of almond cookies in Chinese New Year?
Almond cookies are a popular Chinese New Year treat because they symbolize good fortune and are believed to bring good luck. The round shape of the cookies represents completeness and unity, and the almond flavor is associated with sweetness and happiness.
Are almond kiss cookies good for Christmas?
Yes, almond kiss cookies are a delicious treat for Christmas. They are perfect for holiday parties and make a great addition to any cookie platter. The almond flavor pairs well with traditional holiday spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, and the jam glaze adds a festive touch.
Can I use a different jam for the glaze?
Yes, you can use any type of jam you like for the glaze. Blueberry, strawberry, and apricot are all great choices. Just make sure to use a seedless jam for this recipe.
How long are these Almond cookies good for?
Almond kiss cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. They also freeze well and can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw, simply leave them at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
Do I have to chill my cookie dough?
Yes, this cookie recipe requests that you chill your dough and it’s for great reasons. By chilling the dough we help to solidify the fats (butter) which means that the cookies will spread less while they bake, giving you a nicer shape and texture. The chill time also helps flavors to develop more, resulting in a more flavorful cookie.
Give more of our favorite cookie recipes a try here:
- Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
- Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies
- Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms
- Cherry Almond Cookie Bars
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
- Cherry Cheesecake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake Lush
- Holiday Star Cookies
- Peppermint Fudge Sugar Cookies
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Caramel Linzer Cookies
Almond Kiss Cookies are made with basic ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen. Their incredible flavor and easy prep, blossom cookies are a great holiday treat to whip up and share a batch with family and friends.