Best Ever Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies recipe made with a full cup of peanut butter! We added chocolate chips plus peanut butter chips & Reese’s Pieces to our favorite peanut butter cookie recipe to get the ULTIMATE chocolate peanut butter cookies!
I modified Nellie’s recipe for The BEST Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies to include Reese’s and they’re fantastic! I love that the cookies are soft and have a great peanut butter flavor. Read on to get the recipe to make your own!
Tips to get the PERFECT Peanut Butter Cookies:
Three kitchen items make these cookies come together really fast. I actually use these items in nearly every cookie recipe I make, so they’re quite versatile. First, I line my cookie sheets with a piece of parchment paper. They’re sold in sizes that fit a 12×16 cookie sheet perfectly and enable to cookies to bake well without sticking- and no mess from spraying oil on the cookie sheets!
The third item is a cookie scoop! Years and years ago I used to use 2 spoons to measure and scrape cookie dough onto the pans. It wasn’t a perfect process and I often ended up with oblong cookies in various sizes. My solution? A cookie scoop! They come in three sizes- 1/2 tablespoon, 1.5 tablespoon and 3 tablespoon scoops. I used the middle size- 1.5 tablespoon for these, and most other cookies. (Although when I’m serving a large crowd, I use the small cookie scoop. People love having a smaller cookie, especially at an event with several other desserts.) For this Peanut Butter Cookie recipe I used the middle scoop and even the large 3 TBSP scoop for a few cookies!
How to make the BEST Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Most peanut butter cookies done have chocolate chips in them. Yeah, we changed that! I decided to make the ULTIMATE peanut butter cookie recipe here by not only adding semi-sweet chocolate chips, but also peanut butter chips, mini Reese’s Pieces and regular sized Reese’s Pieces. The result? A fantastic soft peanut butter cookie with loads of fun! You’re welcome to add a mixture of all the chocolate and candies like we did, just have it all measure about 2 cups. I added more on top too, because, why not?!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups combined chocolate chips/ Reese’s
How to make Peanut Butter Cookies:
- With a hand mixer, cream together the peanut butter, butter, white sugar and brown sugar until blended.
- Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and mix together. Stir in whatever mix of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, mini Reese’s pieces and regular Reese’s Pieces you’d like! I used about 1/2 cup of each, reserving some of the Reese’s Pieces for the top of the cookies.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets. Press additional Reese’s Pieces onto each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375. Don’t overcook! These cookies are much better soft and just barely cooked all the way through. I baked the cookies scooped with the medium 1.5 TBSP scoop for 8 minutes and the 3 TBSP cookies for 10 minutes.